Re: cuseeme for other platforms

Fri, 21 Nov 1997 17:21:14 -0600 (CST)

On Fri, 21 Nov 1997, Manolis wrote:
> can any1 tell me if cuseeme runs (or is expected to run) for platforms
> othen than pc or mac?

It's not officially supported by Cornell or White Pine, but I know of
CU-SeeMe versions for OS/2, Linux, and Amiga.
You can also get the video and some audio with X11 machines using NV and
Vat though White Pine has phased out support for that in the MeetingPoint
reflector (This also gets rid of any support for JavaCU that will display
a CU video window in a Java applet).

Using the latest Enhanced CU versions (3.1) and a MeetingPoint reflector,
you can interact (though quite limited) with other software that's H.323
compliant. I remember seeing some X-windows authors working on a Unix
H.323 compliant videoconferencing program.