Re: Security

Howard Herman (hlh@panix.com)
Wed, 26 Nov 1997 17:20:03 -0500

Robert Hsiung wrote:

> Well, if any experts want to chime in, this is something I need to find out
> about. Not because I want to go sniffing, but because we're thinking about
> using CUSM in situations in which confidentiality would be important.

I am not an expert. However, I would never assume that CU is any more or
less secure than the ordinary telephone one uses every day.

If someone is intent on listening in, viewing, decoding, or whatever, and
has the budget to support the curiosity, it is my guess they will do it
successfully.

I was once told that formatting a hard drive 30 times is insufficient to
keep prying eyes from what may have been written there.

--