Re: Need clues to chat bandwidth

Sat, 29 Nov 1997 16:01:22 -0600 (CST)

On Sat, 29 Nov 1997, Cameron Jones wrote:
> I wamt to send mostly chat with an occasional video update. If I
> set the CU-SEEME transmit or receive rates to a low value (for example: 5
> kbits/sec), the chat lines don't get sent **even if I am not sending or
> receiving video**.

If you set your min send to 5..max send to 15...min receive to 5..max
receive to 28..and just not open any video windows, you should be fine.

This assume you're not using something as old as 0.84b7 from Cornell. It
had problems with color vids (since it came out before color did) in that
it will automatically use bandwidth for color vids even though you
couldn't see them.

If you don't want to use up bandwidth for video, just don't open any video
windows.