Re: Need clues to chat bandwidth

Sun, 30 Nov 1997 04:20:28 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 30 Nov 1997, ike relucio wrote:
> As far as I know, that transmit and receive rates affect only video and not
> chat. I think there have been postings here before about video being sent
> but not chat.

The only time I've consistently heard of chat not working is when trying
to get CU to work with a PPP emulator (slirp).
I think the rates DO affect chat. I recall reading somewhere awhile back
that aux-data (like text from the chat window) is hardcoded to take up a
maximum of 10% of the available bandwidth. I believe that "10% of the
available bandwidth" relates to the max receive setting.