Re: Audio Problems with Mac 0.7b11 and Cap Problems

Stephen A. Stiner (stiner@utkux.utcc.utk.edu)
Wed, 5 Oct 1994 13:45:27 -0400

>From: Yvonne Marie Andres <andresyv@cerf.net>
>To: Multiple recipients of list <cu-seeme-l@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: Audio Problems with Mac 0.7b11 and Cap Problems
>
>Hi Tim,
>
>The audio WAS acting VERY weird on Tuesday. Unfortunately, it was hard to
>discern a pattern, except to say some of us could hear some of the
>participants and some of us could hear none of the participants.

I was running b11 for the first time last night and was connected to the
Cornell reflector. I didn't have time to participate, but I was lurking
while I was working. At first, Yvonne's audio was very clear. I could
understand every word she said, but then her audio became very choppy
(breaking up badly). So much that I had difficulty recognizing anything
she said. I updated CU-SeeMe on a friend's Macintosh this morning and
connected to the Cornell reflector, but no one was using audio and this Mac
was only capable of lurking, so I couldn't initiate an exchange of audio.

Stephen

Stephen A. Stiner | Phone: (615) 974-6839
Sr. Engineering Technician | Fax: (615) 974-4115
The University of Tennessee | E-mail: stiner@utkux.utcc.utk.edu
Chemical Engineering and |
Materials Science & Engineering |
419 Dougherty Engineering Building |