RE: RFD: comp.multimedia.cu-seeme.{misc,announce}

Andrew Brennan, Programming Bween (brennan@hal.hahnemann.edu)
Mon, 10 Oct 1994 09:27:33 -0400

> REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION (RFD)
>
> Newsgroup 1 : comp.multimedia.cu-seeme.announce
> Newsgroup 2 : comp.multimedia.cu-seeme.misc

[... huge chunk removed ...]

> comp.multimedia.cu-seeme.announce
>
> This would be a one-way newsgroup carrying announcements from the CU-SeeMe
>
> comp.multimedia.cu-seeme.misc
>
> This would be an open newsgroup, discussing all topics concerning the

Perhaps you mean that c.m.c.announce would be moderated, while c.m.c.m
would be unmoderated? If so, it doesn't jive with your summary at the
top of the post ... and you might suggest a moderator for c.m.c.a.

While I'm not sure that I'm a fan of "finely focussed" newsgroups like
the above, it does make some sense to have these groups with Connectix
about to drop those cameras into the market. The list has exploded as
of late and it's often more convenient to read USENET news than mail
bombardment.

andrew. (brennan@hal.hahnemann.edu)