Re: CU-SeeMe - anyone using/considering use for security?

Bob Dixon (rdixon@stargate.acs.ohio-state.edu)
Wed, 26 Oct 1994 14:09:16 -0400

On Tue, 25 Oct 1994, Dan Updegrove wrote:

> Is anyone doing/thinking about any applications of CU-SeeMe technology
> for institutional security monnitoring?

We have been considering this here at Ohio State. It would seem relatively
to monitor remote parking lots etc by having a camera in or on an adjacent
building. The advantage over alternatives is that one can connect to the
campus network from almost anywhere, as opposed to having to run special
cables to a conventional monitoring camera.

Bob