Re: CU-SEEME-L digest 234

Steve Hopper (hopper@cs.ucsd.edu)
Fri, 28 Oct 1994 21:18:04 -0400

You will only see 64k data rate while connected to another isdn
site that is in within your phone company's local switching center.
For most areas (this is changing) when your connection involves
other switching centers the data rate drops to 56k, cuz that's
what the existing equipment in place is. Most bell companies are
updating their equipment which will then provide the full 64k b/w.

Steve

--------
--------