Re: Is it me, my PC or CuSeeme

Karl-Heinz Gasper (rz29@nz50.rz.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 08:01:26 +0000

>Here's a question I have not seen asked on this list yet -- why is it
>that people are reporting aceptable audio along with video at 28.8 on the
>MAC platform, but for the most part FAIL at 28.8 on a windows platform
>(even WIN95 which was said to be 'better'). What is different on the
>mac side to allow "acceptable" two way conferencing on a dialup 28.8 that
>is absent under windows?
>-rb

Hi,
The answer is very simple, the audio part of Windows CuSeeMe is new, in contrast
to the Mac platform. There are a lot of bugs in the Windows version. Normally
28.8 Kb/s should be enough for audio send/receive if you select Delta Mod.
During the last weeks, participants of this mailing list were complaining about
the Windows CuSeeMe (not only about the audio part). I think, the Cornell folks
have a lot to do to get a stable version .

Ciao!

Karl-Heinz email: Gasper@rz.uni-karlsruhe.de Germany