Re: Is it me, my PC or CuSeeme

Amy Leung (amy@iohk.com)
Wed, 4 Oct 1995 23:19:18 +0800 (HKT)

On Wed, 4 Oct 1995, Rodney M. Dyer wrote:
> That's easy. It's because the reflectors are limiting the bandwidth of
> audio packets to PC's and not Mac's. Why? I'm not sure. But extensive
> packet monitoring on our ethernet segment shows that PC's vs. Mac's on the
> same segment just don't receive audio packets from the reflectors.

That's an interesting observation.. I've been wondering why 16k delta
mod shouldn't work well with 28.8k on PC CUSeeme while the bottleneck
doesn't seem to be on the decoding (doesnt seem to work well on Pentiums
from postings). I wonder if whether anyone fortunate enough to have
enough bandwidth ever got reasonable audio with PC CUSM, be it 31k or 16k.

Cheers,

/__ | / Internet e-mail: amy@iohk.com
__/ __| ______/ URL: http://www.iohk.com/UserPages/amy