Re: problem

Robert Adams (robad@ozemail.com.au)
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 22:15:15 +1000 (EST)

On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, Matthew Sanderson wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Oct 1995, British School of Bastards wrote:
> > My own video screen is blank, the coomunication is very slow and I get no sound
> > what do I do?
> <snip>
>
> I have no idea, and have no intention of trying to help a user that
> posts with an insulting handle as you have. There are almost 2000
> subscribers to this mailing list that get along fine without
> name-calling -- I don't want to see it start now.

Looks like we just arrived at one of those cultural differences that make
this planet so interesting, to be called a bastard in .au can be taken as
a complement at times, much the same with british culture, unlike the USA
where its a 'major crime'.

Rob Adams My opinions are mine,
Darwin Australia But I'll sell them to you!