Re: Quick-Cam for Windows

Alex Watson (alex@tyrell.net)
Mon, 9 Oct 1995 21:51:19 -0500 (CDT)

I think the QuickCam is probably the most affordable solution for CUSEEME
at under $100 for a total internet-videoconferencing package. I guess it
is up to either Connectix or Cornell/White Pine on a patch. Same goes
for Intel to make an 8bit capture on the SmartVideo or Creative Labs to
make an 8bit capture, but not likely since they both have PhoneBlaster
and Intel's vidconf package to market against CUSM.

I truely believe it would be in cornell's and connectix best interest to
make it compatible, since other compatible capture cards are dwindling
and support for CUSM is increasing! (We have an Intel SmartVideo
Recorder Pro BTW.) Here's hopin!

alex@tyrell.net