Re: Access via AOL

John J Falcone (john@ucsc.com)
Thu, 12 Oct 95 17:37:00 -0400

I believe u have to actually use the winsock.dll that u get from AOL since
this dll is the one that interfaces with the AOL signon. So u would signon
as per normal to AOL then run cu-seeme which will invoke the AOL winsock.dll.
At any rate that is what worked for me.
John

>You need to replace the WINSOCK.DLL that came with the CIM dialer. It
>has a routine that auto-activates the CIM dialer when a TCP call is made,
>and not TCP/IP is not active. Replace it with the WINSOCK.DLL by Microsoft.
>
>alex@tyrell.net
>On Wed, 11 Oct 1995 BrewMiller@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I have downloaded and used CU-SeeMe for several weeks and when cuseeme.exe is
>> executed from filemanager it dials with the CIM dialer. I normally use AOL
>> and would like to cancel my CIM service. Is there a way to access CU-SeeMe
>> by some other means than the CIM dialer? Why is it that my CU-SeeMe software
>> connects only through CIM? Is there a CU-SeeMe program that will access
>> CU-SeeMe after I have entered the Internet through AOL or other providers? I
>> am mainly interested at this time in viewing the video for the On Computers
>> radio show, but would like to learn more about viewing other things. Thank
>> you, for your anticipated response to my questions.

John J Falcone (john@ucsc.com)
University Computing Services Corp.
Newark, DE