Re: windows hosts names problem

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine (derskine@safb.af.mil)
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 16:41:26 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 12 Oct 1995, Byron Grush wrote:

> I listed the IP address of my machine in a text file named hosts
> which I placed in c:\windows\system directory but the cuseeme
> problem is that it can't resolve the hosts name. Should I put a
> different address in the file?
>

> byron@art.niu.edu

Greetings:
If you are using Trumpet software, you should place your "hosts" file
in the directory that "tcpman.exe" is executed from. Here is a list of
the files that "should" be in that directory:

bye.cmd hosts protocol sendreg.exe login.cmd
setup.cmd tcpman.exe trumpswk.ini winpkt.com winsock.dll
services

Back to your original question... When you edit your "hosts" file from
the trumpet directory, you might need to re-start your trumet
icon/session for the changes to take affect (I'm not sure, but it can't
hurt)!

Good luck...

Sgt Daniel W. Erskine "erskined@transcom.safb.af.mil"
COMM: (618) 256-6891 "derskine@caesar.safb.af.mil"