Re: Access via AOL

Ledwith, Steven x1424 (plant1.pcnet.net.com!ke6822@kaisere.com)
Thu, 12 Oct 95 14:09:00 PDT

The Microsoft winsock.dll will not work with AOL.. You need to use AOL's
version of winsock.dll.

Log on to AOL and go to the Internet section. Download AOL's winsock.dll
and follow the installation instructions. Also download wsping. In the same
directory that you place your winsock.dll add a file called hosts with no
extension. You can create it in notepad. It needs to contain your IP address
and a name on the first line. AOL will give you a different IP address every
time you log on. Use the following sequence:

1 - log on to AOL
2 - run wsping to get your IP address
3 - edit the IP address in your hosts file to match the one from wsping
4 - run cu-seeme

Steven Ledwith
ledwiths@kaisere.com
----------

>You need to replace the WINSOCK.DLL that came with the CIM dialer. It
>has a routine that auto-activates the CIM dialer when a TCP call is made,
>and not TCP/IP is not active. Replace it with the WINSOCK.DLL by
Microsoft.

>alex@tyrell.net
>On Wed, 11 Oct 1995 BrewMiller@aol.com wrote:
>
>> I have downloaded and used CU-SeeMe for several weeks and when
>>cuseeme.exe
>>is
>> executed from filemanager it dials with the CIM dialer. I normally use
AOL
>> and would like to cancel my CIM service. Is there a way to access
CU-SeeMe
>> by some other means than the CIM dialer? Why is it that my CU-SeeMe
>>software
> >connects only through CIM? Is there a CU-SeeMe program that will access
> >CU-SeeMe after I have entered the Internet through AOL or other
providers?
>> am mainly interested at this time in viewing the video for the On
Computers
> >radio show, but would like to learn more about viewing other things.
Thank