QuickCam for the PC

mitchell_b._hamm@belcan.com
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 10:26:12 -0400

13 Oct 95 10:22:17 EST@
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 95 10:22:17 EST
Encoding: 26 Text
To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: Windows Quick Cam Sightings

List Members,

I'm trying to get an idea of how many of these beasties are actually
being received from backorder. PC Connection tells me that they have
actually shipped a few, but don't expect to clear their backorders for
"another week or so".

MicroWarehouse, from who I ordered in August, still has not received
their first shipment from Connectix (or so they say). Their backorder
list is above 600. Has anyone received one from MicroWarehouse? They
are now expecting their first shipment on 11/17.

Can any of you lucky few who actually have one report on its
functionality? I know it doesn't do well with CU-SeeMe (YET), but how
about the included software for movies, stills and the Connectix
recommendations for devices to share parallel ports? How does Win95
like it? Is it plug and play?

How long was your Quick Cam on backorder? (Just curious.)

Am I the only one absolutely dying for one of these things?!
(Rhetorical)

Thanks.

Mitch Hamm