Re: CU-SEEME-L digest 581

Dwight E. Spencer (spencer@unb.ca)
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 08:41:44 -0300 (ADT)

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995 CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu wrote:
> #1 I have noticed that the 4.0b3 still has a tendencyto core dump and crash.
> It is happening less that before (4.0b1) but twice this week.
> I am using the regular flavor sun version on sparcs with unicast to 3
> reflectors 3 Sun Sparcs (one main), one DEC Alpha OSF 4.0b3.

I've only had my segmentation fault on my once since I started running it
about 10 days ago. I'll keep you uptodate on how it runs.

> #2 I also notice that the longer the reflectors run they eat up more CPU.
> If I restart them they stay at less than 10% depending on load but after
> about a day or two they can eat up to 75-80% CPU.

I've been running reflect.mc for
> uptime
Wed Oct 11 17:56:09 1995
> quit
You have mail in /var/mail/spencer
cythera:~/www/pages/cap$ date
Mon Oct 16 08:39:31 ADT 1995
cythera:~/www/pages/cap$

4 days now, with no great jump in resource usage: (from top)

16943 spencer 34 0 1692K 628K sleep 9:58 0.04% 0.00% reflect

I still am not able to get vat working with cusm yet, but I plan to keep
working on it.

dwight.
Dwight E. Spencer Community Access Program
eMail: spencer@unb.ca "C-Net" Server Administrator
Phone: +1 506 453 4614 UNB, Fredericton, NB, Canada