Alan Cox replies Re: Port CU-SEEME to Linux :) (fwd)

Claudiu Dan (eabu927@ea.oac.uci.edu)
Wed, 18 Oct 1995 18:46:02 -0700 (PDT)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 23:50:36 +0100 (BST)
From: Alan Cox <iialan@iifeak.swan.ac.uk>
To: Claudiu Dan <eabu927@ea.oac.uci.edu>
Cc: rom-unix@applicom.co.il, CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
Subject: Re: Port CU-SEEME to Linux :) (fwd)

> Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 11:28:37 -0600 (MDT)
> From: rc. <rchatfie@cavern.nmsu.edu>
> To: CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
> Subject: Port CU-SEEME to Linux :)
>

> > We are two final year engineering students of Bangalore,India.
> > We are supposed to do a software project in a duration of 6 months.
> > 1.Can anyone pleee...ase suggest any projects for us preferably using
> > visual c++?
> >
> > 2.One of the options available to us is audio-video conferencing
> > on PC for windows over Internet.Please comment on this & please
> > give suggestions.
> >
> > Desperately waiting for response.
> >
> > Thanking you in advance,
> > Vani and Roopa
> >

> Project: Port cu-seeme to Linux

Certainly feasible. Linux already supports nv with framegrabbing. There are
numerous frame grabber drivers (no standard API yet - sucks but just pick a
card invent an API and make em follow) an a standard audio API, which is up
to running vat and even games like doom

Be an interesting project indeed.

PS: no Im not on the current cuseeme list. Nice idea but I get 400 emails
a day without it 8)