Re: New ?: gocuseeme for Unix

John David Lauer (johnlaue@umich.edu)
Thu, 26 Oct 1995 16:30:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hey, this is nice. To help you with some of your problems like what
ports are used, I could start
generating that information in all of the .csm files at the CU-SeeMe
Event Guide site. I would be interested in knowing how many people use
the unix Go script you threw together so I know its worth it.

Now all we need is a Go CU-SeeMe Go for the Mac. Any takers?

If you are not familiar with Go CU-SeeMe Go check out
http://www.umich.edu/~johnlaue/cuseeme/

John Lauer

On Thu, 26 Oct 1995, olivier PAGE wrote:

> I've set up a little script for Unix users
> who want to use a kind of gocuseeme
> and then launch videoconf tools via their WWW browser:
>

> Requirements : NV and VAT
>

> How to use it :
> cut and paste the following script
> in a directory suitable for your PATH,
> with the name poor_script for example.
> #!/bin/csh -f
>
> set liste = `cat $1`
> echo $liste
> echo $liste[1]
> nv -encoding cuseeme -xmitGrey -xmitSize small $liste[1] 4444 $liste[2] &
> vat $liste[1]/3456&
>

> add in your .mailcap the following line ( or create a new .mailcap):
> text/cu-seeme; poor_script %s
>

> then find a link to a xxx.csm file
> (http://esm2.imt-mrs.fr/webetud/cortial/cuseeme/cuseeme.html for ex
> you will find 2 links to esm2.csm and indy1.csm )
>

> click... that's all
>
> Olivier P.
>
> P.S: Ok, it won't work if NV PORT != 4444 and VAT PORT !=3456
> But I'm waiting for a release in text/cu-seeme MIME type
> to include these info ....
> P.S2:Why the reflectors lists doesn't take care of these pms ?
> P.S3:And sorry for my bad english one more time ...

John D. Lauer (313)669-0568 H johnlaue@umich.edu
1510 Hill (313)998-6910 W
Ann Arbor, MI 48109 <A HREF=http://www.umich.edu/~johnlaue>My web page</A>