Re: proposal for finding people to chat with

TIM SCHORER (tschorer@mbl.edu)
Sat, 28 Oct 95 09:33:55 EDT

REPLY TO: tschorer@mbl.edu

> From: wcw@bga.com (Bill Woodland)

> >>Try the Undernet Internet Relay Chat (IRC) channel #CU-SeeMe. That's one of
> >>the reasons we created the channel. You can also get interactive technical
> >>help from others that way have had similar experiences. Interactive help is
> >

> >I've visited this chat channel twice and most people there seemed to be just
> >general chatters, most of whom had never heard of cu-seeme...(?)
> >

> Are you sure that you were on the Undernet #CU-SeeMe channel? Be sure that
> you are on an Undernet server, and that you spell the channel name with the
> dash. If you were at the right place, what time of day was it, and what
> part of the world are you at? People come and go all thru the day, so if
> you need help, you might try it a few more times. Ask the people that have
> the @ sign (channel operators) beside their nicknames for help. Most of the
> regular channel operators should be able to help you or find someone that can.
>
> Please let me know of any results. Thanks.

Funny, when I went there (yes it was undernet, #CU-seeme, middle of the day) it
was nothing but a bunch of morons playing irc "grab-ass". Kind of embarassing
to see supposed adults talking to each other like 5th graders." x *kisses* y. y
sits on x's lap and says mmmmmmm". I asked a simple question about reflectors
and was basically told to shut up while they *kiss*ed and *hugg*ed.
If you're an @perator there you're doing a bang-up job...
And if this is the caliber of discussion one can take part in on
CU-seeme...thanks but no thanks.