Re: Dial-A-Porn using CU-SeeMe ???

Andrew J Stevens (werdna@union4.su.swin.edu.au)
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 00:54:14 +1100 (EST)

On Sun, 29 Oct 1995, A J Annala wrote:

> Has anyone noticed the dial-a-porn service at http://www.cyberlove.com is
> explicitly offering the current freely distributed version of CU-SeeMe to
> attempt to enhance their ability to take profits from economic and sexual
> exploitation of women? One wonders whether they have applied for license
> CU-SeeMe for this purpose. One also wonders whether the unrestrained use
> of CU-SeeMe for this purpose might not attract undue attention from those
> who would seek to regulate access to & content of INTERNET transmissions.

Had a geeze as this URL, after you posted AJ. In my opinion, this is an
absolute abomination. I hope you guys at Cu-Seeme get on to this real
soon! The page gives not an ounce of credit to Cu-SeeMe, they even had
the nerve to call the software the Netdate Video Teleconferencing
Software or something like that. Now, I'm not against porn totally, but I
am definitely all for Cu-SeeMe, I don't think CUSM was intended for the
purpose of draining people of $5 a minute. They even called the file
Netdate.exe (or something). Kickem, where it hurts cornell boys, and wreak
the benefits (and then put it back in to Cu-Seeme of course :)).

Andrew