Re: Recording to videotape

Ulrich G. Kliegis (Ulrich.Kliegis@kiel.netsurf.de)
Sat, 5 Oct 1996 19:47:11 +100

> Date: Fri, 4 Oct 1996 14:35:46 +1000
> From: lucas@sun.mech.uq.oz.au (Michael Lucas)
> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
> Subject: Recording to videotape

> Hi everybody!
>
> I'm about to start using CU-SeeMe as a tool in trans-contintental
> mechanical design meetings. The idea is that a group of us here in
> Australia would be part of the design team, and that another group
> (from USA and/or Europe depending on project) would make up the
> other part. We are going to use CU-SeeMe on AV equiped PowerMacs
> (8500's and 7500's) to facilitate this.
Wouldn't it be a more powerful solution to figure out some sort of a
software video recorder, a UDP recorder, so to speak? Should not be
THAT difficult. Put the incoming data stream through some filter that
reduces redundancies and cover your disk surface with UDPs. Could be
postprocessed to any other format like avi, mpeg etc and be taped
from there.

Just another free idea :)

Ulli
Ulrich G. Kliegis
Phone (x49) 431 33 11 44
Fax (x49) 431 33 11 46
http://kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Ulrich.Kliegis/Welcome.html
Don't flame me, I'm only the keyboard player...