Re: Simulcast

The mad Scientist! (s324131@student.uq.edu.au)
Mon, 7 Oct 1996 00:32:28 +1000 (GMT+1000)

On Mon, 30 Sep 1996, Jonathan Hall wrote:

> G'day,
>
> Does anyone know of any cu-seeme simulcasts (ie. CU & radio, CU and TV
> or all 3) that have been done...anywhere...ever?

One of the ABC's radio stations, namely Triple J, did a simulcast with
CUSeeMe sometime in 1995. They simulcast the launch of the Screaming Jets
album. Unfortunately it seems as if the company which owns the CUSeeMe
reflectors they used (gecko.com.au) misled Triple J about the number of
users they could handle. I and many others were unable to connect at all,
and consequently saw nothing. I read newsgroup posts from other people
who had connected but experienced extremely slow frame rates (slowere than
they usually get on a reflector).

s324131@student.uq.edu.au