Re: Uninstalling White Pine's CU

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 08 Oct 1996 01:49:34 -0500

At 12:37 AM 10/6/96 +0100, you wrote:
>> Date: Sat, 05 Oct 1996 14:42:52 -0700
>> From: Harry <nj2ca4harry@earthlink.net>
>> To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>> Subject: Uninstalling White Pine's CU
>
>> How do you UN-INSTALL White Pine's demo cu-seeme?
>>
>> I do not have a uninstaller and I really dont want to but one just
>> to undo WP. Other than pruning the whitepine directory, what DLLs
>> in my windows tree will I have to grap out OR REPLACE.
>
>look at your win.ini and system.ini files...
>
>There must be a place where WP stores the information about previous
>demo installations. Bill W., any idea?
>
>U.
>Don't flame me, I'm only the keyboard player...
>
>Ulrich.Kliegis@kiel.netsurf.de
>http://kiel.netsurf.de/homes/Ulrich.Kliegis/Welcome.html
>
>Ulrich G. Kliegis Phone: +49 431 331144 Fax: +49 431 331146

Thanks to Robert Butler for the info on his win95 install and the files that
got updated. When I get my update via cdrom, I'll see what I can find out
on win 3.1. I'll be installing it here at home under win95, and at my
office on win 3.1, so perhaps I can do a dir of windows\system to a file
beforehand, and another afterwards, and see the files that get updated. I
don't think the install makes a log file on win 3.1, so I might have to get
sneaky with it :)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe