Re: Quickcam problems (lpt1/2)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 08 Oct 1996 01:16:59 -0500

>Date: Thu, 3 Oct 1996 22:29:08 -0400 (EDT)
>Sender: owner-CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu
>From: Si Ballenger <sballen@cetlink.net>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: Re: Quickcam problems
>

>>> QUICKCAM UPDATE:
>>>
>>> During lunch, I called Connectix tech support. Here's what the nice
>>> young girl said:
>>> LPT1 must be used.
>>> LPT1 must be bi-directional/EPP.
>>>
>>> First thing that comes to mind is WHY ISNT THIS INFO ON THE CONNECTIX

I can't say for sure about the COLOR Quickcam, but if you are talking about
the B&W Quickcam, this is BS. The Quickcam driver polls each parallel port
until it finds the camera. In the B&W Conectix Quickcam manual, page C-2:

Q Will Quickcam work with add-on parallel ports?
A Yes. If the port is configured as LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, or LPT4.

I have lots of friends that use lpt2 or 3.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe