Re: Finding Dynamic IP Addresses

Tomkiewicz@aol.com
Tue, 8 Oct 1996 19:36:57 -0400

> At 05:09 PM 10/8/96 +0000, Thomas Ackermann wrote:
> >Hello,
> >I was wondering if anybody has used CU-SeeMe while connecting to the
> >Internet vie T-Online, (German Telekom internet provider).
> >If so how can I establish a conference with another t-online user. The
ip
> >numbers are assigned dynamically. How can I find out my number.
> >
> >Any help will be appreciated.

If you are using White Pine, your IP address shows at the bottom of the
window, and you can, of course, call (if you have two phone lines) or e-mail
the address to your friend at the appointed time, who can then connect to
your address. If you have the Cornell version, open your browser after
logging on and go to

http://www.ei.org/cgi-public/ip1

which will give you your address, which you can then e-mail to your friend,
etc.

Bob Tomkiewicz