Re: Can't CU or SeeMe

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 11:16:59 -0500

At 11:47 PM 10/2/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I'm having some troubles @ startup running a previously OK
>CU-SeeMe/Windows '95 version. At first, my local window would sometimes
>be be off screen, as noted in a bug report I read somewhere. This
>wasn't too much of a problem, as I'd just resize the desktop & go get
>it.

The EASY way to move it is to right click on it in the taskbar, choose MOVE,
move it with the cursor keys, then hit ENTER to drop it there. DON'T close
CU with your local window minimized, or else this will happen again

> Now, I don't get the local vid window at all, OR th control panels
>[audio & video] either. All I get is the "front page" [splash
>screen?="CU-SeeMe, for Windows, copyright Cornell, etc."], and it
>doesn't close after :05 anymore. It stays there, mocking me, until I
>CNTL-ALT-DEL my way out of CU-SeeMe. As I do that, I get a couple nasty
>error messages: closesocket()error closing udpsocket(10036) followed
>by: WSACleanup () error (10036).
> Any available advice, fixes, commiserations, or zesty chile recipes
>would be appreciated.
>
> ThanX!
> Rob Eldridge
> rob.eldridge@ilinks.net
> rob.eldridge@turner.com
> 70543.661@compuserve.com

Try the exact same fix for the other windows.

Sorry, but my mom makes the best chili, and I can't give out her recipe :)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe