Re: Cuseeme and Quickcam problem

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 09 Oct 1996 11:11:13 -0500

At 05:20 PM 10/1/96 -0700, you wrote:
>I am running Cuseeme v. W0.84b7 with a Connectix B/W Quickcam on a pentium
>75 with 16 megs of memory.
>Every time I run Cuseeme I get an error message telling me the "Device is
>allready is use" and "Invalid Handle"
>Any idea why this is so? I also have the software for the Snappy Video
>Capture device installed too.
>I get just b/w garbage on the screen after the error message. Any help
>would be welcome!
>

>Thanks
>
> Moondog@primenet.com

Check your system.in file in the [drivers] section for the following line:

msvideo=quickcam.drv

THIS driver is the one that's in use. Make sure that you don't have
quickpic or quickmovie running or else this driver will be used by them. CU
needs complete control of the camera driver.

Also, if CU bombs off (GPF error or some such nonsense) then the driver is
in use until you restart windows.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe