Re: Reflector no responce

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 00:57:04 -0500

At 01:26 PM 10/8/96 +0000, you wrote:
>HI:
>
>I find that my reflector chokes when there is no one on it. It sends
>the wrong info back to the first person trying to log in. What i do
>is log my client to 127.0.0.1 to get the client working then quickly
>disconnect and try the new reflector. Works eighty percent of the
>time! I think that the bug is in the client not the reflector.
>
>Stephen
>J. Stephen Downie
>Doctoral student, lecturer, and consultant
>Graduate School of Library and Information Science
>University of Western Ontario
>London, Ontario, Canada
>(519) 432-3053

Actually I think this is a bug in some particular versions of the Cornell
reflector program. Try connecting to it several times in a row to get
there. Once you are there, others won't have the same problem getting to
that reflector.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe