Re: Finding Dynamic IP Addresses

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 20 Oct 1996 00:57:06 -0500

At 07:36 PM 10/8/96 -0400, you wrote:
>> At 05:09 PM 10/8/96 +0000, Thomas Ackermann wrote:
>> >Hello,
>> >I was wondering if anybody has used CU-SeeMe while connecting to the
>> >Internet vie T-Online, (German Telekom internet provider).
>> >If so how can I establish a conference with another t-online user. The
>ip
>> >numbers are assigned dynamically. How can I find out my number.
>> >
>> >Any help will be appreciated.
>>
>If you are using White Pine, your IP address shows at the bottom of the
>window, and you can, of course, call (if you have two phone lines) or e-mail
>the address to your friend at the appointed time, who can then connect to
>your address. If you have the Cornell version, open your browser after
>logging on and go to
>
>http://www.ei.org/cgi-public/ip1
>
>which will give you your address, which you can then e-mail to your friend,
>etc.
>
>Bob Tomkiewicz

On windows 3.1 if you are using TRUMPET to dial in, you can just look at the
file/setup screen there to get your IP. Be sure to click CANCEL instead of
OK when done. Also, most of the login scripts for Trumpet display your IP
address in the trumpet text window once you get connected.

On win95 use WINIPCFG.EXE, which you can find in your windows directory.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe