Re: win95 Reflector

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 13:16:57 -0500

At 09:28 PM 10/20/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Is it possible to run the reflector on the same machine and log in with
>enhanced CUSeeMe to test and view two me's? I've tried using DEBUG and
>SELF-REFLECT but I seem to create an endless loop! (windows95)
>David Neale
>http://www.web-scape.com

DEFINITELY NOT!

The reflector AND the client BOTH talk on the same UDP port. This would be
like taking a water hose from outside, and trying to send the water BACK
into your kitchen sink's faucet. You MUST run the client on a different
machine than the reflector is running on.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe