Re: Quickcam with powerbook, PC card modem, SLIP?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 10:50:04 -0500

At 10:54 AM 10/22/96 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>It's wonderful, all the responses (most of them direct emails) I've
>received. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem like there's an easy fix. Maybe
>the answer is not to use SLIP, but PPP or TCP/IP? Does system 7.5.2 do
>TCP/IP? TCP/IP is Open Transport, right?
>
>Bob

I think you said it all, Bob. I personally can't understand why people even
put up with a SLIRP connection, except that some folks get it for free, but
evan at that price, it doesn't seem worth the hassles.

I pay $20 per month for unlimited hours, and believe me, I use my internet
access a lot. This also gets me a shell account, and 5meg of space for web
page stuff. I can telnet in with as many sessions at one time as I want,
use Iphone, CU-SeeMe, Netscape, Eudora, etc......NO PROBLEMS WHATSOEVER.

For all the SLIRP users out there, I say bite the bullet and pay a REAL ISP
for a true SLIP or PPP connection and leave all your worries behind. I
think just about anyone can afford $20 per month.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe