Re: PC Laptop & QuickCam

Rick Carlson (rcarlson@cts.com)
Wed, 23 Oct 1996 14:33:49 GMT

In article "Harman, Chip" <charman@usia.gov> writes:
>Date: Wed, 23 Oct 96 8:05:24 -0400
>From: "Harman, Chip" <charman@usia.gov>
>To: <CU-SEEME-L@cornell.edu>
>Subject: PC Laptop & QuickCam

>I have a quick question about CUSeeMe and QuickCam (B&Wh)... After
>perusing the various FAQs, I have not found this addressed, though in
>past posts I have seen references to people using CUSeeMe with a laptop.
>I have a Gateway 133/16, and wonder if it is possible to use the
>QuickCam; when I plugged the camera into the numberpad port, it
>apparently caused a conflict so that I got a "keyboard failure" message.

>My question is: is it hypothetically, even theoretically, possible to run
>a Connectix and CUSeeMe through a PC laptop?

>Chip Harman charman@usia.gov
>(202)619-5885 Fax 401-1250
>U.S. Information Agency, Washington, D.C. 20547
>http://www.usia.gov
Yes it is Possible.

I have run Connectix (B&W) and cuseeme through both a Toshiba Satelite Pro and
a Gateway 2000 Color Laptop. Worked fine. Each had an external keyboard port.
I don't know whether your problem is from plugging it into a numberpad port
but I would start there.

Take Care!

Rick
rcarlson@cts.com