Re: PC Laptop & QuickCam

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:11:18 -0500

At 08:05 AM 10/23/96 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a quick question about CUSeeMe and QuickCam (B&Wh)... After
>perusing the various FAQs, I have not found this addressed, though in
>past posts I have seen references to people using CUSeeMe with a laptop.
>I have a Gateway 133/16, and wonder if it is possible to use the
>QuickCam; when I plugged the camera into the numberpad port, it
>apparently caused a conflict so that I got a "keyboard failure" message.
>
>My question is: is it hypothetically, even theoretically, possible to run
>a Connectix and CUSeeMe through a PC laptop?
>

>Chip Harman charman@usia.gov
>(202)619-5885 Fax 401-1250
>U.S. Information Agency, Washington, D.C. 20547
>http://www.usia.gov

On some laptops, plugging something into that port makes the laptop expect
all of its keyboard input from there. Try plugging a REAL numberpad into
the other side of the Quickcam's power plug, and see if that doesn't help.
Also if you have a port to connect a REAL keyboard, try plugging the camera
in there, too.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe