Re: Optimal server config?

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Thu, 24 Oct 1996 12:11:20 -0500

At 10:25 AM 10/23/96 EDT, you wrote:
>Does anyone have any suggestions on the optimum configuration for a
>reflector? By which I mean, in the Intel world, would a RAID 0 (mirrored) do
>better than a RAID 5? A large cache for IDE drives? Caching controllers? I'd
>be interested in anyone's experiences or opinions on this as it may drive
>hardware purchases. Thanks.

You don't need much disk space to run a reflector. I had the DEMO version
running on a pentium 100 with a 540 meg hard drive, and it worked just fine.
The only thing you need space for is the log, if you enable the log in the
first place.

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe