Re: Can't CU or SeeMe

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Sun, 27 Oct 1996 03:54:24 -0600

At 02:32 AM 10/27/96 -0800, you wrote:
>It's happening again! I'm outta control! I'm missing my control
>panel @ CU-SeeMe startup again. Local vid comes up ok; audio panel
>comes up ok; splash screen comes up & goes away ok. Control panel is
>nowhere to be seen. Not offscreen; not nowhere nohow. Know how? I
>miss my CU-"seamy".

OK, if my last suggestion doesn't work for this window, click Start/Run, and
type "notepad c:\windows\cuseeme.ini" and click OK.

Within the cuseeme.ini file for the White Pine Enhanced CU-SeeMe, there are
different sections for the configuration items. I won't show all sections
here, but you should find these sections, all relating to window POSITIONS,
and their STATES (open or closed). My comments begin with a semicolon (;):

;-------------------------------------
[Menu Position]
; pixel columns and rows for the left, top, right, and bottom sides of the menu
Left=397
Top=202
Right=796
Bottom=299

[Participants Position]
; pixel columns and rows for the left, and top sides of the participants list
Left=2
Top=264
; auto open the PL on startup?
Open=yes
; this is where White Pine COULD save the STATE of the three different sections
; of the PL so you wouldn't have to open the senders section EVERY TIME
; YOU RUN THE PROGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

[Local Position]
; open local video window on startup?
Open=yes
; note that there are no coordinates for the local window. The local
; video window is window0 in the next section

[Video Position]
;pixel columns and rows for the left, top, right, and bottom sides of the
; (max of 8) video windows
Window0=10,10
Window1=180,10
Window2=520,10
Window3=180,10
Window4=350,10

[Chat Position]
; auto open the chat window on startup?
Open=yes
; window positions and fonts are in the c:\windows\cuseem32.ini file

[PhoneBook Position]
; open phone book on startup?
Open=no
;pixel column and row for the left and top sides of the phone book
left=426
top=146

[Audio Position]
Left=604
Top=24
Open=no
;-------------------------------------

Also in the windows directory is a file called cuseem32.ini, and it has
these position and state settings:

;-------------------------------------
[ChatLog]
; pixel columns and rows for the left, top, right, and bottom sides of the menu
top=303
left=271
bottom=600
right=796
;how are the top and bottom halves of the chat window setup?
TopPaneY=200
BottomPaneY=31
PaneX=513

If you must, edit these coordinate carefully to put your windows back on track.
You might want to make a backup copy of the two ini files before editing,
just in case you make the mistakes that I have made in the past :)

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Squeek on Undernet IRC
Channel Manager #CU-SeeMe