RE: unsubscribe SOLUTION

Mark Farone (Mark_Farone@SFA.UFL.EDU)
28 Oct 1996 09:04:12 -0500

From: relkay01@fiu.edu on Sun, Oct 27, 1996 5.30p
[snip]
>The real way to solve the problem is to make Cornell upgrade their stupid
>shthead listserver software. Other listservers have specifically dealt
>with the misdirected mail problem by analyzing the incoming mail before
>sending it to subscribers, so when a moron does something wrong, it lets
>him know the RIGHT way.
>
>If it bothers you so much, FORWARD each Unsubscribe request to a few head
>honchos at Cornell, letting them know that if they feel it's OK for you to
>receive junk mail, perhaps it's OK for you to send them junk mail too.

An alternative idea is to use confirmations for subscribing, such as within a
48hr period. I might be mistaken, but I think the software they are using
supports this option.

Don't be too tough on them; managing a list is a real thankless nightmare.
I'm thankful I don't do it anymore.

Mark Farone
mark_farone@sfa.ufl.edu