Re: Need help with CUSM and Thinkpad 760

Robert Lefebvre (robert.lefebvre@sympatico.ca)
Wed, 30 Oct 1996 02:37:26 -0500

F. Kevin Feeney F. Kevin Feeney wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm new to the list, so perhaps the question has been asked before. I did
> some searching of archives and FAQ's and did not find the information I
> need.
>
> Though I'm fairly familiar with CU-SeeMe on the macs, my boss asked me to
> get his ThinkPad 760 (running win95) up and running with it. I've got it
> to receive ok, but I can't get video into the local window (or to send)
> using the internal video digitizer. From what I read, if it will support
> video for windows, and it does, it should work with CU-SeeMe - is that
> correct? I just get horizontal scratchy lines and no recognizable stucture
> to the video - looks random.
>
> Anyone have a method to get the digitizer and CUSM talking to each other?
> Am I doomed to failure? If so, what are the prospects of using the thinkpad
> with a color connectix camera? From what I've read it looks as though you
> should be able to do it, but I'm looking for success stories. :-)
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Kevin

> Kevin Feeney wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new to the list, so perhaps the question has been asked before. I did
> > some searching of archives and FAQ's and did not find the information I
> > need.
> >
> > Though I'm fairly familiar with CU-SeeMe on the macs, my boss asked me to
> > get his ThinkPad 760 (running win95) up and running with it. I've got it
> > to receive ok, but I can't get video into the local window (or to send)
> > using the internal video digitizer. From what I read, if it will support
> > video for windows, and it does, it should work with CU-SeeMe - is that
> > correct? I just get horizontal scratchy lines and no recognizable stucture
> > to the video - looks random.
> >
> > Anyone have a method to get the digitizer and CUSM talking to each other?
> > Am I doomed to failure? If so, what are the prospects of using the thinkpad
> > with a color connectix camera? From what I've read it looks as though you
> > should be able to do it, but I'm looking for success stories. :-)
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Kevin

I can try ...
I have a 760CD as a matter of fact ...
Everithing works ... here's what i would look for if i had this
problem.

1- Are the V7320 drivers installed (in windows 95 system properties)
2- Is the video in working (plug the output of a vhs video or a
camcorder in it).
3- If yes look for the MSVIDEO parameter in windows system.ini if it
is defined as a v7320 driver
Mine look like this:

MSVIDEO1=V7320CAP.drv <------ is the second capture device
MSVIDEO=qccolor.drv <------ is the primary capture device

If you have at least one defined it is MSVIDEO and it is the default
capture device (Digital Video Producer that comes with the
Thinkpad only see this one) but CU-SEEME sees both and you should be
able to choose it with the video tab in the preferences.

Dont hesitate to e-mail me if you need more details...