Re: video for job interviewing

Wed, 01 Oct 1997 17:58:04 -0500

KruskalT@aol.com wrote:

> I have just joined your list and am getting really interested iin video
> conferencing!
> I found you because I am a member of a search committee looking for a new
> minister for our church. We have a list of many candidates accross the
> country and thought that video conferencing between the minister and the
> committee would help us ( and them) winnow down the search and save wasteful
> plane trips.
>
> Since I have now camera or software for this purpose and our candidate likely
> doesn't either, do you know of a way to get lists of sites that might rent
> time to us or help us out. I imagine there is some expensive corporate
> solution for us but I'm fear it would be beyond our means.

It sounds as if this is a job for old Ma Bell. I find VarTec is the
cheapest for me. Just dial 10811, then the rest of the number including
the 1 and you will get $.10/min. all day long.
Sometimes technology gets in the way of the objective and that is to
find a minister, not a techno head. Best of luck in your search!