Re: Sound Blaster Awe64 Gold conflict.

Wed, 01 Oct 1997 19:10:40 -0500

Mark Andrew Nassy wrote:

> hello,
>
> a woman with an ibm compatible, windows95 and a new Sound Blaster Awe64
> Gold sound board sent me the following message. any suggestions on what the
> source of the problem is as well as how it can b solved would b
> appreciated. the problem occurs when she tries to run the color version of
> quickcam in black and white mode with cuseeme when the sound board is
> installed. quickcam works fine with cuseeme when the sound board is removed.
>
> it sounds like it may b an irq conflict. if it is indeed an irq conflict
> how does one go about resolving it. i dont know how many slots she has
> free. she is using enhanced cuseeme (im not sure of the version).
>
> --- begin forwarded text

> To: nassy@earthlink.net
> Subject: computer
>
> The message I get is:
>
> CUSeeme 32 caused a general protection faul in module sb16snd at
> 0001:00000e49.
>
> If this problem persis contact your vendor...
>
> The problem persists and I have contacted CuSeeme and Sound Blaster...no
> results....they each say the other is responsible...
>
> I can send you a copy of my cu info file...let me know if it is
> needed...
>
> Thanks a lot for your help.
I would start out with making sure that you have the latest drivers:
download from
ftp://ftp.cle.creaf.com/pub/creative/drivers/sb16awe/sbw95up.exe. You
should also check to see if you do have conflicts, or id W95 has
installed the drivers in the wrong place.
Right Click MyComputer/Properties, Choose Device Manager/Sound, video
and game controllers and look on the list for your card. If the name of
your card has a ! next to it then there is a conflict. If you find the
name of the sound card in the wrong category, then you will have to
reinstall. Remove the old one first. Just click on the offending driver
and click on Remove.