Re: Sound Blaster Awe64 Gold conflict.

Mark Andrew Nassy (nassy@earthlink.net)
Thu, 2 Oct 1997 07:14:00 -0400

here is the response i received when she tried the suggestions i received
from the mailing list. any additional suggestions would be appreciated:

_____________

in Device manager sound card properties, resources it says:

Creative Awe 64 Gold 16 bit audio Windows cannot determine which
resource this device is using this is probably bacause windows cannot
assign a configuration due to a conflict with other devices in the
computer.

However, when you click on "set configuration manually" all resources
listed, ie Interrupt Level, DMA, etc. due not show any conflicts.
_____________

the following was sent to the person having the problem:
_____________

Sounds like there is a old driver still installed in the system regisitry
from a older SB soundcard. What I would do is uninstall All the audio
drivers from the system and then reinstall the SB64 software and drivers.

_____________

I would start out with making sure that you have the latest drivers:
download from
ftp://ftp.cle.creaf.com/pub/creative/drivers/sb16awe/sbw95up.exe.

You should also check to see if you do have conflicts, or if W95 has
installed the drivers in the wrong place.

(1) Right Click MyComputer/Properties, Choose Device Manager/Sound, video
and game controllers and look on the list for your card. If the name of
your card has a ! next to it then there is a conflict. If you find the
name of the sound card in the wrong category, then you will have to
reinstall.

(2) Remove the old one first. Just click on the offending driver
and click on Remove.
_____________

this is the text of the original post:
_____________

woman with an ibm compatible, windows95 and a new Sound Blaster Awe64 Gold
sound board sent me the following message. any suggestions on what the
source of the problem is as well as how it can b solved would b
appreciated. the problem occurs when she tries to run the color version of
quickcam in black and white mode with cuseeme when the sound board is
installed. quickcam works fine with cuseeme when the sound board is removed.

it sounds like it may b an irq conflict. if it is indeed an irq conflict
how does one go about resolving it. i dont know how many slots she has
free. she is using enhanced cuseeme (im not sure of the version).

--- begin forwarded text

To: nassy@earthlink.net
Subject: computer

The message I get is:

CUSeeme 32 caused a general protection faul in module sb16snd at
0001:00000e49.

If this problem persis contact your vendor...

The problem persists and I have contacted CuSeeme and Sound Blaster...no
results....they each say the other is responsible...

I can send you a copy of my cu info file...let me know if it is
needed...

Thanks a lot for your help.

--- end forwarded text

Mark Andrew Nassy <MAILTO:nassy@earthlink.net>