Re: SUMMARY: ab switch problem.

Skip (Wahoo25@m1.sprynet.com)
Thu, 02 Oct 1997 08:10:26 +0800

Ross Binnie wrote:

> I use a mechanical AB switch in the same application and it works ok.
> Actually I have another T switch downline for 2 printers. The port to
> switch cable is very short (about 2'). Switch is made in China. Model
> DS252, Importer Startech Computer Accessories Ltd. London Ontario, N6A 1R8.
> Selling price varries, I paid CDN$20.00 .
> Have had IRQ probs up to here, so tend to stick with the simplest method of
> getting things done.
>
> Ross

I have one parallel port and am running a quickcam, scanner, printer, and
Iomega zip drive all off that port using a Recoton A/B swwitch (approx $20).
The quickcam uses the "B" side only. The rest use the "A" side and make use of
the data passthroughs in the zip drive and scanner. Everything works ok. I
have an ancient system at home and don't want to put any more money into it so
the above configuration was necessary but it does work.

Regards to the list.

Skip