Re: IP Addresses & DC's

Fri, 3 Oct 1997 14:02:45 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 3 Oct 1997, Mike (T.Michael) Smith wrote:
> Hi. I'm trying to connect CuSeeMe from one of my computers to another, but
> have noticed that my IP addresses seem to be "dynamic" I believe... i.e.,
> that the last 3 digits change each time I log in. (For instance, this one
> has been 206.154.138.124 before; but, if I try to connect from my other
> location to this exact address, well, the last 3 digits have since changed
> on me, and it appears this change is keeping me from making a direct
> connection.)

The change itself won't prevent you from making a direct connection.
Others attempting to connect your address will be affected though since
your IP changes. You have to connect to the current IP address each time.
You can try using a service like Monolith's DynIP (http://www.ml.org) to
get a static name for your IP, but then it's still up to you to change it
each time you dial in.