Re: IP Addresses & DC's

Sun, 05 Oct 1997 18:16:57 +0100

Mike (T.Michael) Smith wrote:

> Hi. I'm trying to connect CuSeeMe from one of my computers to another, but
> have noticed that my IP addresses seem to be "dynamic" I believe...
a) If both computers are connected by Internet, You have a different
dynamic IP. If both computers are connected by Ethernet, there is a
another *static* IP of the Ethernet card (e.g. 192.168.1.1 for computer1
and 192.168.1.2 for computer2, but this values are *Your* choices during
installation).

b) Try
FOUR11:
http://www.four11.com/
ICQ:
http://mirabilis.com/

If both computers (WINDOWS only I think, currently, but MAC support is
promised soon for ICQ) are running an ICQ and/or FOUR11 client, You may
either
a) using computer2 to click at the homepage of computer1 at FOUR11
to start CU-SEEME on computer2, while computer1 has CU-SEEME already
started so that this fact already caused a dynamic change in the html
code of the homepage (red light feature !!)
b) use ICQ to contact the other computer and ask for a CU-SEEME
connection (direct call, too), so that both CU-SEEME clients are
started.

Sincerely
Rolf

All about ICQ, CU refs and Iphone user dirs:
http://home.pages.de/~contact2
My FOUR11 homepage:
http://www.four11.com/hemmerling@geocities.com/

All about CU-SEEME, Iphones:
http://home.pages.de/~h/cuseeme.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphone2.html
http://home.pages.de/~h/iphones.html

--
      /   /   /  Alone on the data highway...
    /       /    like on an allee in Hannover-Herrenhausen