Re: Version and Time 0uts!

Mon, 6 Oct 1997 14:40:53 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 6 Oct 1997, Pastor Chris M. Farmer wrote:
> Thank you for your input. I have CU-SEEME ver. WO.84B7 as do my wife,
> son, and daughter. It sounds like there shouldn't be a time out problem
> from the software end from what Rolf said.

If you have win95, I'd strongly suggest grabbing 0.92b2 from
http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu . I've used 0.84b7 a lot and it's plagued with
a lot of problems. I guess it works ok for a DC, but on a reflector with
color users it really gets to be annoying.

> Mark could you clarify what you
> meant by watching the transmit and receive rates? How should the
> settings be adjusted? I'm going to call my son's ISP and see what their
> idle time out is after I send this e-mail.

Make sure your max receive is set to 28 or less..with a max send of 15 or
so. Grab a keep-a-live program from TUCOWS... or run a constant ping to
some place... if you still timeout, it's not because of idle timeouts from
the ISP.

> P.S. Anyone know of a g-rated public reflector site where I can get
> together with my family and people don't care if you yap for a half
> hour!

My public reflector is available at 128.83.42.61...There's also a list of
reflectors at http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/streak/scan
A lot of reflectors are empty these days..so it shouldn't be too hard to
find an available one :)