Re: Hauppauge WinTV/dbx TV tuner

Bill Woodland (wcw@bga.com)
Tue, 07 Oct 1997 22:52:04 -0500

At 10:17 PM 10/7/97 -0500, Daniel W. Erskine wrote:
>Greetings:
> I've got a Hauppauge WinTV/dbx TV tuner PCI board, and have verified
>CU-Doodle is configured properly ("MSVIDEO=3Dcudoddle.dll" in my
>"system.ini" file). I'm also using the Cornell version of CU-SeeMe
>(version 0.92b2). Whenever I start CU-SeeMe, my video input is
>defaulting to the WinTV tuner vice the CU-Doodle driver. I cannot
>switch to the CU-Doodle driver, as there's no menu option to choose
>otherwise. Upon startup or changing the "Video Source", I get the
>dialog box message "Unsupported video capture setting". There's no
>listing in the "cuseeme.ini" file specifying my video input device, nor
>is there a "MSVIDEO" entry listed in my "system.ini" file, for my WinTV
>board.
> QUESTION: How do I get CU-SeeMe version 0.92b2 to switch video input
>sources, with my setup?

Just a wild guess, sort of...

Start/Settings/Control Panel/Multimedia/Advanced/Video Capture
Devices/cudoodle/"Don't use this device" should disable the cudoodle
driver. With the Cornell version, you might have to add
"msvideo=3DsomeHauppaugeDriver.drv" to the [drivers] section of your
system.ini file. Run Regedit and do a search for "msvideo" and you should
see a section there for the Hauppauge card. Get the name of the actual
driver file from there to put on the "msvideo=3D" line.