Re: Slide window for windows?

Robert Hsiung (dr-bob@uchicago.edu)
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 18:20:07 -0500 (CDT)

At 2:08 PM -0500 10/16/97, Jason Williams wrote:

>> Is it true that the Windows version of CUSM doesn't include a slide window?
>> That would make it a lot less cross-platform, and therefore a lot less
>> applicable...
>
>Not only does the Windows version of CU-SeeMe not include the slide
>window, the Mac White Pine version doesn't either.

So neither the Cornell nor the White Pine versions allow Mac and Windows
users to share slides? :-(

>I've never actually heard of anyone USING the slide window since it's not
>required for communication as is video, audio, and chat window.

What I'm experimenting with is a distance education-type application of
CUSM. A speaker would speak, but would also show slides. The idea would be
enriched, not bare-bones, communication.

>Cross-platform is taking a new meaning with H.323 compliant programs these
>days. Not only can you have the same program on different platforms, you
>can also have one program talk to another one.

That sounds great! I haven't been keeping up, are there such programs
available already? Are there reflectors for them, too? And are any of them
free?

Thanks for your help,

Bob
U. of Chicago Dept. of Psychiatry