Re: Winnov vs...

Fri, 17 Oct 1997 02:45:29 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Si Ballenger wrote:
> The boards do look the same (although I don't have an actual winnov board to
> check), including the big chip on the board having WAVI-95 WINNOV stamped on
> it. Engineering and manufacturing cost being being what they are, I doubt
> that there is a big difference in the design (maybe more on board memory?).

I remembered when this topic came up in comp.dcom.videoconf.
http://xp9.dejanews.com/getdoc.xp?recnum=1823995&server=db97p4x&CONTEXT=877074015.1870790660&hitnum=4
will get you the article I'm referring to.
Here's the text from Robert Scoble at Winnov:
The Philips card is the Winnov Videum AV card, so the drivers will work.
However, if you load the Philips drivers DO NOT load the Winnov drivers.

Yeah, the 2.0 drivers will work with our cards.

Tech support is a different issue, though. When Philips bought our card,
they agreed to do their own technical support for those products.

Robert Scoble
http://www.winnov.com

George S. Kong wrote in message <340C6C66.4D5AE4AE@navio.com>...

>i'm interested in the answer, because i'd like to know if
>the latest (2.0) videum drivers work with the phillips easycam.
>
>the official word from winnov is "get your drivers from philips,"
>but i bet the videum drivers work on the philips board.

>George S. Kong, Network Computer Inc, george@navio.com, 408-328-9312

Hope that helps answers a few questions...