Re: Basics on audio for new CU-SeeMe user

Sun, 19 Oct 1997 03:09:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Sat, 18 Oct 1997, Randal Baier wrote:
> I am running CU-SeeMe on a Mac Quadra 840av using a Geoport modem at 14.4.
> However I don't have a camera, so I was hoping to watch and listen till I
> get a Connectix cam. I'm using CU-SeeMe 0.87b3 (68K).
>
> I can't seem to get audio from any of the connections I make, from
> sites that I'm pretty sure have audio being sent out.

With the Cornell versions, you need at least a 28.8kbps modem to do audio.
The lowest available bandwidth codec available with the Cornell version is
the 16kbps Delta-Mod codec. It needs at least 16-20kbps to work well.

You could try using one of White Pine's versions, but I'm not familiar
with the audio codecs available on the Mac WP versions. I believe the
lower bandwidth codecs are only available on the 3.1 preview.