Re: CU-Seeme & Wingate 2.0

bgodette@idcomm.com
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 12:35:49 -0600

At 11:37 AM 10/21/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone tried running Cu-seeme through Wingate 2.0?
>I have tried different port settings using UDP on Wingate, but I still
can't get it to work.
>Any help would be appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jeff Sliva
>Systems Analyst
>CCNG

This has already been covered several times, but anyways it isn't possible
to proxy CU-SeeMe traffic for a few reasons.

1. CU uses the same fixed UDP to send & receive data.
2. The IP address contained internally to all CU data packets must also be
remapped.
3. Such programs like Wingate cannot tell which internal system inbound UDP
traffic is meant for since the same port is used by all internal clients.